Monday, February 4, 2013

Mod yourself out, eighteenth century-style

It's shabby chic.

It's the eighteenth century.

It's The Eighteenth Century Guide To Modern Living!  Over two hundred years later, the inventions, the ideas and the style of the Enlightenment are still the top guide for the modern girl.

Jane Austen would take this blog and live in it in a penthouse apartment in Manhattan. Fanny Burney would curl up with this blog on a restored, distressed wooden bench swing on the back porch of a Georgian farmhouse. Sam Richardson would patronizingly laud our female attempt at accomplishment but booo we don't want him! Only nice boys allowed here!

So. Here I am, finally converting my old blog and longstanding college thesis of the same title, into something new, fresh, and totally me for 2013. I don't know why I didn't see this fab connection between shabby chic, my favorite style, and the eighteenth century, before, but sometimes the love we have been looking for has been right in front of us, all along.

If you like Walmart piggy banks being given a new sense of purpose in a troubling world, or empathize with the typical fate of Ikea furniture, then this is the blog for you! I'm so excited to share with you my Pinterest obsessions, my own random ideas for decor, design, delectable yummies, and my adventure in making the eighteenth century a girl's modern guide to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment